On 2017-10-04 14:09, flocculant wrote:
On 04/10/17 11:41, Pasi Lallinaho wrote:
Hello people (CC: Alan Pope),

a new Ubuntu community hub [1] has been launched [2]. Flavors are not listed (yet), but after a quick talk with Alan, he promised us we could get involved pretty much any way we want, as long as allowed by the software – Discourse.

My gut feeling was that flavors – or at least we – would likely want a separate category (possibly one main category for flavors, then a subcategory for each opt-in flavor) rather than sending our stuff to the generic categories.

My questions for you are:
– Where would you like to see Xubuntu appear in the community hub, if anywhere?
– What kind of content do you think we should be submitting there?

Cheers,
Pasi

[1] https://community.ubuntu.com/
[2] https://popey.com/blog/posts/new-ubuntu-community-hub-launched.html

I'd guess that if we bothered then we should discuss with the other flavours what the general 'flavour' consensus is outside of Ubuntu. If there were categories for each I suspect that 'Ubuntu' won't like as it would be too cluttered ...

As far as what content - can't really see the point given we've got x.org/google/fb/twitter - what would 'you' envisage being here and not in other places?

Cheers,

Kev

Personally I'd consider this one more outlet for our testing calls etc. – or in other words, mostly the same content as other outlets. I was just wondering if anybody had any new ideas. Ultimately we can then take those ideas for all of our social media as we see fit.

Cheers,
Pasi

--
Pasi Lallinaho (knome)                    › http://open.knome.fi/