I get confused about what happens when Xubuntu support ends. If I read correctly, that is before Ubuntu end-of-life for a release. For example, Ubuntu 16.04 LTS is supported until April, 2021. Xubuntu is said to be supported until April, 2019.

Is it that the Xubuntu team stops working on 16.04 in April. But, that updates to *Ubuntu* are still available? Can one depend on downloads from Ubuntu's servers for security updates but that Xubuntu bugs will no longer be fixed?

Please clear up the confusion. If I don't upgrade immediately to 18.04, what are the consequences? I am still in no hurry to do this upgrade, given what I read in release notes and given the experience of others.

Thanks.

--
Roger
linux....@gmail.com