On Fri, 31 Oct 2003, Charles Goodwin wrote:

> Ian Hickson wrote:
> > The argument is simply that the term "XUL" only means "XUL", as in the
> > language used by Mozilla, not any XML User Interface Language (that would
> > be "XUIL").
>
> You'll have to eat your words on this one Ian:
> http://website-beta.mozilla.org/projects/xul/
>
> They're own definition is explicitly:
> XUL - Xml User-interface Language.

The acronym "XUL" does indeed _stand_ for "Xml User interface Language".

But it only refers to Mozilla's language, it's not a generic term. (The
acronym is rather convoluted.) This is what I meant when I wrote the
above, and is what I have been saying since Gerald started his "project".

The generic term for XML-based User Interface Languages would be XUILs.

That is, if you want to restrict the concept to XML, which to me seems
like a very arbitrary restriction.