On 2024-02-19 Brett Okken wrote:
> I have created a pr to the GitHub project.
>
> https://github.com/tukaani-project/xz-java/pull/12

Thanks! I could be good to split into smaller commits to make reviewing
easier.

> It is not clear to me if that is actually seeing active dev on the
> Java project yet.

I see now that there are quite a few things on GH. I had forgotten to
turn email notifications on for the xz-java project; clearly those
aren't on by default. :-( But likely not much would have been done even
if I had noticed those issues and PRs earlier so the main problem is
that the silence has been impolite. I'm sorry.

XZ Utils 5.6.0 has to be released this month since there was a wish to
get it into the next Ubuntu LTS. I'm hoping that next month something
will finally get done around XZ for Java. We'll see.

One thing I wonder is if JNI could help. Optimizing the Java code can
help a bit but I suspect that it still won't be very fast. So far it has
been nice that the Java code is quite readable and I would like keep it
that way in the future too.

--
Lasse Collin