Hi all. I'm new to the list. I thought I'd chime in with my two cents, here.

I think we're definitely talking about two actions here, marking the
content and marking the URI. The tool does indeed mark the URI only,
and as a user, I sometimes intend to mark specifically the URI and not
the content (in the case of, for example, a blog that I'd like to keep
current on). There are other times when I'm marking content
specifically, yes, but I think it's important to recognize that users
do both.

Brendan Landis
http://scatterbrain.raygunarmy.com/

On 5/4/05, Marvin Hutchens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 5/4/05, Seth Russell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > 
> > > >
> > > >
> > > If the data associated with a linked page were static that might be a
> > > solution, however little data is truly static - aside from the address,
> > > so my inclination would be against that solution. 
> > 
> > Well when someone bookmarks a page, imho, they are bookmarking the
> > content that they see on the page today, not the content that may be
> > there tomorrow.  Which intorduces the idea of a cache of what was seen
> > at the time of the mark.   And perhaps we are talkin about two
> > different actions:  mark content, and mark URI.
> 
> I think you are right that the user intends to mark content, but the tools
> are marking the address.  Adding a content marker/cache would be cool, a
> sort of state aware tagging system.
> 
> -- 
> Marvin Hutchens
> http://littleredblog.com/ 
> _______________________________________________
> discuss mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://lists.del.icio.us/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/discuss
> 
> 
>
_______________________________________________
discuss mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.del.icio.us/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/discuss

Reply via email to