On Thu, Jul 13, 2023 at 09:17 PM, Logan Grosz wrote:

> I am having a similar problem with `wic cp` and ext4. Though, my problem is
> a file cannot be copied to a specific path with `wic cp <src>
>
> ```
> $ wic cp test ./my.wic:1/etc/
> $ wic ls test ./my.wic:1/etc/
> .
> ..
> $ wic ls ./my.wic:1
> .
> ..
> /etc
> test
> ```
>
> I am unsure if this is related, but I thought I'd mention it since I am
> experiencing issues with the same command.
>
> Logan

Hi Logan,

I think this is the same problem.<br>
Has anyone of you tried to use this "-n" or "--native-sysroot <path>" parameter
like here?: <br>
In my YOCTO build I see that e.g. `mtools` and `parted` are also built. <br>
So I tried these but do not see a difference.<br>

My suspicion is, that the interworking between the `wic`-python script and the
external used tools has somehow a problem. Perhaps it works only with specific
versions. <br>
It is sad that no errors/warnings are shown which could lead to an answer.<br>

Cheers,
Markus