Hi,

now it is clear why it doesn't work.
`wic` uses `debugfs` to write things to ext? partitions.
But `debugfs` (1.45.4 (23-Sep-2019)) can only write to the current working
directory and it cannot copy complete directory trees (like mtools's `mcopy`
can do for FAT like file systems).

So the only way I see to achieve this is to write a command list which is given
to `debugfs` via `-f`parameter.
Such a command list may look like this for command `debugfs -w
single_partition_file -f command_list` :
```
cd "/dirX"
rm "file1"
cd "/"
rmdir "dirX"
cd "/"
mkdir "dirX"
cd "/dirX"
write "/home/myuser/my_local_file1" "file1"
```

The remove is done because `debugfs`cannot overwrite files!

I hope this helps others with same problem ... :-)

Cheers,
Markus