On 2013-06-07 07:10, Hans Beckérus wrote:
On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 9:10 AM, DAMARLA Satya Swaroop
<swaroop.dama...@gmail.com> wrote:
SHould we install development and debigging pacakages in the images when we
want to build a toolchain.. I mean this

  "dbg-pkgs"       - add -dbg packages for all installed packages
#                     (adds symbol information for debugging/profiling)
#  "dev-pkgs"       - add -dev packages for all installed packages
#                     (useful if you want to develop against libs in the
image)

Greets,
Satya

I actually tried the 'bitbake <image> -c populate-sdk but it fails :(
Any clues to what make things go wrong this time? Nothing provides
meta-environment-arm??

Do you have "tools-sdk" set in your IMAGE_FEATURES?

Hans

######################################## [100%]

packagegroup-cross-canadian-arm@all
######################################## [100%]

| Computing transaction...error: Can't install
packagegroup-cross-canadian-arm-1.0-r0@all: no package provides
meta-environment-arm

| Saving cache...
|
| DEBUG: Python function do_populate_sdk finished

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 1:07 PM, DAMARLA Satya Swaroop
<swaroop.dama...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Jessica & Philip,

I have an issue... This is such a long error ... I even did a fresh build
by deleting the "tmp" directory. The image build went very well but the
toolchain is always giving me a error...

| Selecting previously unselected package xz-dev.
| Unpacking xz-dev (from .../xz-dev_5.1.2alpha-r0_armel.deb) ...
| The following package disappeared from your system as
| all files have been overwritten by other packages:
|   avahi
| log_check: Using
/home/damarla/yocto/poky/buildSkidataHarmony/tmp/work/skidata_harmony-poky-linux-gnueabi/core-image-skidata/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_populate_sdk.4066
as logfile
| Logfile is clean
| Installing NATIVESDK packages
| Ign file: ./ InRelease
| Ign file: ./ InRelease
| Ign file: ./ Release.gpg
| Ign file: ./ Release.gpg
| Get:1 file: ./ Release [24 B]
| Get:2 file: ./ Release [11 B]
| Ign file: ./ Translation-en
| Ign file: ./ Translation-en
| Reading package lists...
| W: Ignoring Provides line with DepCompareOp for package
nativesdk-pkgconfig__pkg-config__
| W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems
| Reading package lists...
| Building dependency tree...
| Reading state information...
| Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
| requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
| distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
| or been moved out of Incoming.
| The following information may help to resolve the situation:
|
| The following packages have unmet dependencies:
|  packagegroup-cross-canadian-arm : Depends: gdb-cross-canadian-arm but
it is not installable
|                                    Depends: gcc-cross-canadian-arm but
it is not installable
|                                    Depends: meta-environment-arm but it
is not installable
|                                    Depends: binutils-cross-canadian-arm
but it is not installable
| W: Ignoring Provides line with DepCompareOp for package
nativesdk-pkgconfig__pkg-config__
| W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems
| E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
| DEBUG: Python function do_populate_sdk finished
| ERROR: Function failed: populate_sdk_image (see
/home/damarla/yocto/poky/buildSkidataHarmony/tmp/work/skidata_harmony-poky-linux-gnueabi/core-image-skidata/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_populate_sdk.4066
for further information)
ERROR: Task 10
(/home/damarla/yocto/poky/meta/recipes-graphics/images/core-image-skidata.bb,
do_populate_sdk) failed with exit code '1'
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 5020 tasks of which 4939 didn't need to be
rerun and 1 failed.

I am not able to install those packages as they say there are no
installation candidate for them...

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 6:52 AM, Zhang, Jessica <jessica.zh...@intel.com>
wrote:

Hi Satya,

Use bitbake image-name –c populate_sdk, this allows you to create a
toolchain with sysroot that match your target image that allows you to
develop app against…

Cheers,

Jessica