On Tue, 16 Jul 2019 at 13:53, Andy Pont <andy.p...@sdcsystems.com> wrote:
> I am building for a Microchip (Atmel) SAMA5D2 using meta-atmel.  We don’t
> need OpenGL or 3D support - hence one of the reasons for picking the SAMA5D2
> which doesn’t have a hardware GPU.
>
> The options appear to be to either add software OpenGL support to the
> configuration to resolve the dependency or tell wpewebkit not to want OpenGL
> support.

Well the libwpe build script says this:

find_package(EGL REQUIRED)

(https://github.com/WebPlatformForEmbedded/libwpe/blob/master/CMakeLists.txt)

Which suggests that you can't build it without EGL.  You should
investigate whether EGL is simply an option, or whether it's used as a
fundamental part of the rendering.  If it's optional then the Mesa
recipe can build a software GL implementation, if the latter then
you'll need a new browser as software GL is *terrible*.

Ross