I can certainly understand why Yoko would benefit from providing an IDL compiler. Probably this is most required by Harmony than anything else. Is that accurate?

Yes. Although I think it would be great to have a CORBA 3.0 compliant compiler, which the idlj compiler provided by SUN is not. In fact, I think the idlj compiler is aligned with version 2.3.2 of CORBA. Anything added since then does not work in idlj.

What is the current status of Harmony?
What version of JSE does Harmony intend to provide/implement?

I know they are aiming to implement J2SE 5.0. I think Geir can supply more info.

I will get back if i need any additional info.

thanks,
Adi Sakala

Regards,
Anders