-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of mark
Sent: Sunday, April 09, 2006 7:03 PM
To: yoper-dev - open minded discussion
Subject: Re: [yoper-dev] Re: Cliff Wade (Hawkwind) as potential package
builder

On Sunday 09 April 2006 20:52, Walter Hieber wrote:
> At present, i think it is better to focus on how to program YIS :-D
> [Walter Hieber] No doubt!
>
> Here is my shout out to the team. I know i missed some of you but just
> wondering whats going on in your worlds?
>
> Where are Fabian, Justin, Reid, Arnolf, Johnbon, Marlon, Pioneer, and
SebaT
> ?

Fabian, Justin, Reid etc I have seen mails from in the last day or two ;)
And I spotted Pioneer in the irc earlier when I popped quickly in to check
it
was working :)

> Here is where I'm at:
> Totally toasted my Yoper 2.91 blacksand install! Started screwing around
> with runlevel scripts and writing stuff to automate ndiswrapper with my
> RALink card and managed to prevent logging it at all. Oh well serves me
> right.

Walter - email me about the Ralink card. Using ndiswrapper is hard work!
There
are 2 good open drivers for the cards - the ralink one and the serialmonkey
one. Depends which card you have. The usb dongle thing is a pain to set up,
but the pci card or the pcmcia card are simple :)  Using the ralink driver
on
my belkin pcmcia card here on a laptop as I write!  Admittedly that is on
Debian  - but Yoper worked with them in version 2.2.0-6 and 2.1 :)  I have
no
need to try them on Blacksand, although I can if it will help.

> Were having another baby so Ive been ordered by the queen to move my
office
> out of the room to my glassed room so no free time for me for a while. My
> business is working out well and we are having moderate success so Iv'e
bee
> focusing most of my free time to updating products. Work is going well so
> nothing notworthy there to mention.

Great news Walter! Congrats on the baby to both of you :)  Great news on the
business front too :)

> I still can't get over how rediculous my pre-emptive Yoper release
> announcment was. What a dork!

Don't let it worry you :)  We have all cocked up something in the past ;)

> Ive been enjopying some Steely Dan and some occasional RUSH and I had a
> very cool dream the other night that I was literaly eating the colorful
> fruit flavored notes of a Guitar solo by Steve Via at the end of the song
> For the Love of God! - Yeah and I promise I have never used or touch any
> drugs in my life! Honest. Hope every one is doing well and that the
silence
> lately is just the usual lul before the storm.
> Take care all!,
> Walter

Ah - Rush :)   2112 was a great album :)

I have been fairly quiet in the last week or so - we had a family
bereavement,
which involved a lot of running around and sorting out things. I have also
had a few problems with my health - so I have tried to ease off a bit on all
fronts for a week or two. It is also school holidays here - so I shall be
less visible this next two weeks than usual I expect. Still about - killing
spammers off and watching the posts on the forum and mailing list and
hopefully answering a few bits as I can.
Still here - but less obvious ;)

On the VMWare front again, I was thinking about my earlier reply - and I
thought maybe Cliff is looking from the view of Windows running Yoper in
VMWare? That may or may not work I suppose - some kernels have issues in
VMWare I know. But to be honest, I don't think its a kernel thing with
Yoper.
As I said before, the early 2.91 test worked OK in Qemu, but later ones
failed. Possibly something to do with the YIS installer? Not sure what
though. I will see what I can do in the next week or two to discover the
problem.

In the meantime, please feel free to shout me about the ralink drivers if
you
want Walter :)
Cheers,
Mark

Regards,
C.C.Chakkaradeep,
Novatium Solutions Limited,Chennai.
http://www.novatium.com
http://www.yoper.com

--
"Sometimes it's better not to ask - or to listen - when people tell you something can't be done. I didnt ask for permission or approval. I just went ahead and did it."  - from "Direct from Dell"