On 1/27/2012 3:10 AM, Bill! wrote:

Rewisk,

The word that I would use to describe what I think you're referring to is just 'experience'. That's the word I use anyway.

'Experience' implies awareness but does not necessarily imply understanding.

I continue to disagree with your assertion that 'understanding' is important, or even possible for that matter. I again will state that 'understanding' has nothing whatsoever to do with zen practice except to act as an encumbrance.

This is my experience.

...Bill!


"Don't know." (has nothing to do with the personally perceived lack of "I don't know")

Experiences and experiencers, aspects arising in present awareness as Experiencing....

I use all the words like Enlightenment, Awareness, Experiencing and such as verbs. Describing an ongoing realization/relation rather than an event/attainment. I favor "Experiencing" or a slightly more redundant (aka - pointing with two fingers) "Present Experiencing" lately as even a simple word like Awareness has a lot of baggage for most people - and is easily conceptualized in a a separate state of awareness, my awareness, etc.

Reply via email to