Rewrisk,

So now I will hold up the mirror and ask you...

What use is "...an expanding of awareness untill it encompassed the galaxial 
plane realising the heart of the galaxy itself as being a supermassive black 
hole"?

...Bill!

--- In [email protected], "rewrisk" <rewrisk@...> wrote:
>
> 
> 
> --- In [email protected], "Bill!" <BillSmart@> wrote:
> >
> > Rewrisk,
> > 
> > I think stating that understanding is an encumbrance (more properly stated 
> > as 'the attachment to understanding', to realizing Buddha Nature cannot be 
> > said enough.  In my experience it is in fact the ONE and ONLY encumbrance.
> Certainly true.
> But again something so familliar to me that I dont have to think about it.
> > 
> > My first impulse is to answer your question "...what use is enlightenment?" 
> > with: "Enlightenment is of no use whatsoever",
> To which I would have answered that it is of infinite use.
> > but I'm never sure what another means when they use this term 
> > 'enlightenment'.
> 
>  I never use the term 'enlighenment' myself because I believe the term is 
> mis-used and abused so much it's difficult to know exactly what the other 
> person is talking about.
> Agreed.
> > 
> > I'd rather use the phrase 'realization of Buddha Nature/Buddha 
> > Mind/Original Mind', or 'direct experience of reality' - any or all of 
> > which I think is what you mean when you use the term 'enlightenment'.
> What I would be refering to personally would be an expanding of awareness 
> untill it encompassed the galaxial plane realising the heart of the galaxy 
> itself as being a supermassive black hole.
> > 
> > So, back to your question.  'What use is 'realization of Buddha Nature'?'  
> > I could again answer 'no use at all' but that would be rather coy.  I could 
> > also answer: "it dissolves suffering".
> 
> "it dissolves suffering".
> I like, but to me it was more like dissolving in suffering but aye?
> 
> > 
> > I think that's a good an answer as I can come up with right now, however I 
> > do want to make it clear that I don't encourage you to dwell on this 'use' 
> > aspect because that can cause you to form an attachment to the concept.
> Haha!
> > 
> > ...Bill! 
> >
>




------------------------------------

Current Book Discussion: any Zen book that you recently have read or are 
reading! Talk about it today!Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Zen_Forum/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    [email protected] 
    [email protected]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email protected]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Reply via email to