edgar..
you are no where even close to bodhisattva...
if you were you'd not rant and rave..you would be serene, calm , compassionate
and caring..
you ooze with self righteousness
an over stuffed mind full of rational "bullshit"
you try to "whack the zen stick " however it comes across as plain ugly,
aggressive and downright rude
 is that the way of a bodhisattva?
is that the zen way?
 you really are quite lost
 it's pitch black where you are coming from
 try to open your mind
 and bring in some light
 in other words: insight
 merle

Edgar,

quoting:
"However when minds are closed to the truth...".

Talk about a dueling-dualist, out for a duel! (note: this is not Zen, but not
everything has to be).

Try "coddling".  It's a good Yoga.

The world will turn around, and you will see it aright.

Just a suggestion of a Method.

In Vipassana, it is called the Practice of Metta.

In Zen practice, there is no explicit Metta practice that is traditional;
instead the whole program of Zen work is devoted to the aim of opening and
freeing the heart of (true) Compassion.

There is no other purpose of (traditional; authentic; orthodox; Tathagatha- ;
or Patriarchal-Zen) practice.

Shakyamuni started this ball rolling or wheel turning when he got up from his
seat after seeing Venus that morning, and this same heart has been transmitted
down 87 generations.  I am the 87th generation (you may be older, say the 86th
gen.).

One American Zen master in S. Suzuki's line (S. Francisco) is working on
including Metta practice in Zen training explicitly, intentionally.  We'll see
how it goes.  He's written and published some things about it: he is Norm
Zoketsu Fischer, Roshi; in the Bay Area (USA).  Granted, it's not traditional,
but innovations may yet be possible that have escaped inclusion during the past
1500 years.  As we know, everything depends on and lives according to "causes
and conditions".

It's not for us to present the truth of Zen: it is for us -- real Bodhisattvas
-- to function in accord with Wisdom and Compassion.  If that is the truth,
then so be it.  The best and only true presentation is Compassion.  Just as it
arises.  You may quote me in your book.  Email me and I'll send correct
spelling of my full name.  Thanks, and best,

--Joe