Hi Edgar & Mike,

Based on my witness, the Buddhist karma is slightly different from cause and effect. Buddist karma is inherited via our subconsciousness. It can be cleansed as per Mike's sutra quotations.

In other words, our subconsciousness causes us to act, often beyond the control of our logical mind. That's what Buddhist Karma is referring to. While phenomena of nature occurs based on cause and effect without human intervention.

I have witness karma cleansing also via my enlightened Master.

JM