On 02/16/2011 06:06 PM, Pieter Hintjens wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 5:29 PM, Martin Sustrik<sust...@250bpm.com>  wrote:
>
>> I am volunteering to pass on the patches that should be backported to the
>> stable. However, I probably won't be able to do the actual backports,
>> testing etc.
>
> Ah excellent! Then I'm volunteering to apply those patches to a
> stabilization branch of 2.1.1, and make sure the results work by the
> time it's marked 'stable'.

Great! Let's try that then.

Let me know which point you want to branch from and I'll send you the
list of subsequent patches to backport.

> I'd prefer to work with a separate repository for that and pull
> requests (or if that's too hard, issues with attached patches).

Agreed.

> However before we jump in, we need more consensus especially on how
> this affects the maint branch (which is 2.0.10). Are you backporting
> fixes to maint today? Or rather, forward porting maint fixes to
> master?

Not really. 2.1 has diverged too far from 2.0 to make most 2.1 patches
applicable to 2.0. I believe that with 2.1 stable we can start moving
away from 2.0.

Martin