Hi,
As a (mostly) silent watcher of this mailing list I really have the
impression than beyond tests or experimentation the 3.0 branch is not
really used which would not be that surprinsing for a beta version.

I want to put zeromq to use but did not get a good chance to do it for now.
Option 2 take my vote.