>AMD Geodes are 32-bit only. I haven't heard any mention that they will
>_ever_ be 64-bit.  But, honestly, this and the Via chip aren't really
>ever going to be targets for Solaris. That is,  they simply aren't (any
>substantial) part of the audience we're trying to reach with Solaris x86.

I'm not sure that we want to limit the Solaris target in that way; we
want laptops, small embedded systems as well as big iron.  The more
systems Solaris runs on the bigger the eco system.  If it means no
high thruput ZFS, then that is fine with me and certainly I would not
prioritize this.

And we don't want "1U" systems; we want mini-ITX, nearly silent systems
which can fit in cars or which can be easily hidden away.

The price is not the objection; it's the form factor.

Casper