On 11/1/06, Adam Leventhal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Wed, Nov 01, 2006 at 09:25:26PM +0200, Cyril Plisko wrote:

> >> LUN for example. How would I configure LUN via zfs command ?
> >
> >You can't. Forgive my ignorance about how iSCSI is deployed, but why would
> >you want/need to change the LUN?
>
> Well, with iSCSI specifically it is of less importance, since one can easily
> created multiple units identified by other means, than LUN.
> I, however, trying to look forward for FC SCSI target functionality
> mirroring
> that of the iSCSI (AFAIK it is on the Rick' roadmap [and I really do not
> mind helping]). In FC world it is essentially the only way to have multiple
> units on a particular FC port.
>
> Can we do something similar to NFS case, where sharenfs can be
> "on", "off", or something else, in which case it is a list of options ?
> Would this technique be applicable to shareiscsi too ?

Absolutely. We would, however, like to be conservative about adding options
only doing so when it meets a specific need. As you noted, there's no real
requirement to be able to set the LUN.

...to be able to set the LUN *for iSCSI*. That would be more concise
formulation.

I wonder why you would like to be conservative. Can you please explain
your considerations ? How would it be different from NFS ? It seems that
in NFS case one can put whatever options she likes in "sharenfs="
attribute.

Also can you please elaborate more on the hidden attribute ? Which
values would be stored there ? Maybe the idea was to put all the options
into that attribute, thus making the "zfs get" output prettier (iSCSI options
tend to have massive character count).
In that case why not to make something similar with NFS too ?

--
Regards,
       Cyril