Anton B. Rang wrote:
Clearly, the existence of a high error rate (say, more than one error every two
weeks on a server pushing 100 MB/second) would point to a hardware or software
problem; but fewer errors may simply be “normal” for standard hardware

I currently have a server that has a much higher rate of checksum errors than what you describe to be "normal." I knew it wasn't good but I figured if zfs is fixing it for me why mess with it?

Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot where the problem might be coming from (aside from replacing hardware piece by piece) ?