grand-dad,
 why don't you put your immense experience and knowledge to contribute
to what is going to be
the next and only filesystems in modern operating systems, instead of
spending your time asking for "specifics" and  treating everyone of
"ignorant"..at least we will remember you in the after life as being a
major contributor to zfs success.

Considering that you have never been considered by anyone until now
(excpet your dog?)...who has ever heard of you ?? have you ever
published anything worth reading? give us some of you mighty
accomplishements.
remember now it's about opensourcing, reducing complexity and
cost...keep the old propriatery things in DEC's drawers and bring us
real ideas

s-