From: Sengor [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, December 28, 2007 4:41 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: zfs-discuss@opensolaris.org
Subject: Re: [zfs-discuss] Help needed ZFS vs Veritas Comparison

Perhaps a few that might help:

http://www.sun.com/software/whitepapers/solaris10/zfs_veritas.pdf
http://www.symantec.com/enterprise/stn/articles/article_detail.jsp?articleid
=SF_and_ZFS_whitepaper_44545
http://www.serverwatch.com/tutorials/article.php/3663066

I'm yet to see a side by side features comparison.

Real comparison of features should include scenarios such as:

- how ZFS/VxVM compare in BCV like environments (eg. when volumes are
presented back to the same host)
- how they all cope with various multipathing solutions out there
- Filesystem vs Volume snapshots
- Portability within cluster like environments (SCSI reserves & LUN
visibility to multiple synchronous hosts)
- Disaster recovery scenarios
- Ease/Difficulty with data migrations across physical arrays
- Boot volumes
- Online vs Offline attribute/parameter changes

I can't think of more right now, it's way past midnight here ;)