On 2/12/08, Johan Kooijman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Goodmorning all,
>
> can anyone confirm that 3ware raid controllers are indeed not working
> under Solaris/OpenSolaris? I can't seem to find it in the HCL.
>
> We're now using a 3Ware 9550SX as a S-ATA RAID controller. The
> original plan was to disable all it's RAID functions and use justs the
> S-ATA controller functionality for ZFS deployment.
>
> If indeed 3Ware isn't support, I have to buy a new controller. Any
> specific controller/brand you can recommend for Solaris?
>
> --
> Met vriendelijke groeten / With kind regards,
> Johan Kooijman
>
> T +31(0) 6 43 44 45 27
> F +31(0) 76 201 1179
> E [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Johan,

A much cheaper (and probably the BEST supported card), is the supermicro
based on the marvell chipset.  This is the same chipset that is used in the
thumper x4500 so you know that the folks at sun are doing their due
diligence to make sure the drivers are solid.

It's also much cheaper than almost all RAID based alternatives to boot.  If
you aren't using the raid functionality, don't waste your money on a raid
card :)

http://www.supermicro.com/products/accessories/addon/AoC-SAT2-MV8.cfm

Here's where I purchased mine from, but I'm guessing you are not in the US
and they don't ship to your country of origin.
http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?p=AOC-SAT2MV&c=fr&pid=84b59337aa4414aa488fdf95dfd0de1a1e2a21528d6d2fbf89732c9ed77b72a4