Nicolas Szalay wrote:
> Le mardi 12 février 2008 à 07:22 +0100, Johan Kooijman a écrit :
>> Goodmorning all,
>
> Hi,
>
>> can anyone confirm that 3ware raid controllers are indeed not working
>> under Solaris/OpenSolaris? I can't seem to find it in the HCL.
>
> I do confirm they don't work
>
>> We're now using a 3Ware 9550SX as a S-ATA RAID controller. The
>> original plan was to disable all it's RAID functions and use justs the
>> S-ATA controller functionality for ZFS deployment.
>>
>> If indeed 3Ware isn't support, I have to buy a new controller. Any
>> specific controller/brand you can recommend for Solaris?
>
> I use Areca cards, with the driver supplied by Areca (certified in the
> HCL)

I'm working on getting arcmsr integrated into OpenSolaris,
and I hope to integrate it into build 87.

The RFE is

6614012 add Areca SAS/SATA RAID adapter driver
PSARC 2008/079 arcmsr SAS/SATA RAID driver

The existing case materials (spec and manpage) should be
visible on www.opensolaris.org/os/community/arc

cheers
James C. McPherson
--
Senior Kernel Software Engineer, Solaris
Sun Microsystems