On Sat, 17 May 2008, andrew wrote:

> To do what you want requires at least Nevada build 88, or probably build
> 90 since the Nevada installer, unlike the one in OpenSolaris 2008.05,
> cannot currently install into a ZFS root pool. Support was added to the
> text-mode installer and JumpStart in build 90 for installing Solaris to a
> ZFS root pool. This is about 3 weeks from being released as a DVD and CD
> image.

Unfortunately, there is no support (as I understand) for Nevada builds. It
will be interesting to see how quickly (if at all) these changes are back
ported to OpenSolaris 2008.05.

> Also, you might be pleased to learn that in build 87 Solaris moved the
> root user's home directory from the root of the filesystem (i.e. the /
> directory) to its own directory, namely /root .

Cool, that's been one of my post-install cleanups for a while.

--
Paul B. Henson  |  (909) 979-6361  |  http://www.csupomona.edu/~henson/
Operating Systems and Network Analyst  |  [EMAIL PROTECTED]