Heh, sounds like there are a few problems with that tool then.  I guess that's
one of the benefits of me being so new to Solaris.  I'm still learning all the
command line tools so I'm playing with the graphical stuff as much as possible.
:)

Regarding the delay, I plan to have a go tomorrow and see just how much of a
delay there can be.  I've definately had the system up for 10 minutes still
reading data that's going to disappear on reboot and suspect I can stretch it a
lot longer than that.

The biggest concern for me with the delay is that the data appears fine to all
intents & purposes.  You can read it off the pool and copy it elsewhere.  There
doesn't seem to be any indication that it's going to disappear after a reboot.