I asked Tim something like that when he posted his last update and from his
reply it looks like something is in the works:
http://blogs.sun.com/timf/entry/zfs_automatic_snapshots_0_11

He was also blogging about this stuff in 2006 :)
http://blogs.sun.com/timf/entry/zfs_on_your_desktop

I've also been pestering the CIFS guys to get VSS support working, which then
lets you use Microsoft's Shadow Copy Client from windows:
http://mswhs.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/previous-versions.png.  I'm told
there's an internal build of that working now, but they have no idea when it
will even be ready for inclusion in ON, so while it's in the works it's likely
to be some time before we see it.

Ross