Do you have dedicated iSCSI ports from your server to your NetApp?

iSCSI requires dedicated network and not a shared network or even VLAN.  Backup
cause large I/O that fill your network quickly.  Like ans SAN today.

Backup are extremely demanding on hardware (CPU, Mem, I/O ports, disk etc).
Not rare to see performance issues during backup with several thousands small
files.  Each small file cause seeks to your disk and file system.

As the number of files and size you will be impact.  That means, thousand of
small files cause thousand of small I/O but not a lot of throughput.

Bigger your file are more likely the block will be consecutive on the file
system.  Small file can be spread in the entire file system causing seeks,
latency and bottleneck.

Legato client and server contains tuning parameters to avoid such small file
problems.  Check your Legato buffer parameters.  These buffer will use your
server memory as disk cache.

Here is a good source of network tuning parameters for your T2000
http://www.solarisinternals.com/wiki/index.php/Networks#Tunable_for_general_workloads_on_T1000.2FT2000

The soft_ring is one of the best one.

Here is another interesting place to look
http://www.solarisinternals.com/wiki/index.php/Solaris_Internals_and_Performance_FAQ

Jean Dion
Storage Architect
Data Management Ambassador