2008/9/30 Jean Dion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> If you want performance you do not put all your I/O across the same physical
> wire.  Once again you cannot go faster than the physical wire can support
> (CAT5E, CAT6, fibre).  No matter if it is layer 2 or not. Using VLAN on
> single port you "share" the bandwidth and not creating more Gbits speed with
> Layer 2.
>
> iSCSI best practice require separated physical network. Many books, white
> papers are written about this.

Yes, that's true, but I don't believe you mentioned single NIC
implementations in your original statement. Just seeking clarification
to help others :-)

I think it's worth clarifying that iSCSI and VLANs is okay as long as
people appreciate you will require seperate interfaces to get best
performance.