> So, performance aside, does SAS have other benefits ? Data integrity ? How
> would a 8 raid1 sata compare vs another 8 smaller SAS disks in raidz(2) ?
> Like apples and pomegranates.  Both should be able to saturate a GbE link.

You're the expert, but isn't the 100M/s for streaming not random read/write.
For that, I suppose the disk drops to around 25M/s which is why I was
mentioning 4 sata disks.

When I was asking for comparing the 2 raids, It's was aside from
performance, basically sata is obviously cheaper, it will saturate the gig
link, so performance yes too, so the question becomes which has better data
protection ( 8 sata raid1 or 8 sas raidz2)