(i use the term loosely because i know that zfs likes whole volumes better)

when installing ubuntu, i got in the habit of using a separate partition for my
home directory so that my data and gnome settings would all remain intact when
i reinstalled or upgraded.

i'm running osol 2008.11 on an ultra 20, which has only two drives. i've got
all my data located in my home directory, and the two drives are cloned
(mirrored and bootable).

i want to have a similar option as my linux setup, but want to play by the zfs
(best practice) rules as much as possible.

thanks in advance