>However, I just want to state a warning, that ZFS is far from being that what
>it
>is promising, and so far from my sum of experience I can't recommend at all to
>use zfs on a professional system.

Or, perhaps, you've given ZFS disks which are so broken that they are
really unusable; it is USB, after all.

And certainly, on Solaris you'd get the same errors with UFS or PCFS; but
you would not able to detect any corruption.

You may have seen Al's post about moving a spinning 1TB hard disk.

Before we can judge what goes wrong, we would need a bit more information
such as:

        - motherboard and the USB controller
        - the USB enclosure which holds the disk(s)
        - the type of the disks themselves.
        - any messages recorded in /var/adm/messages (for the time you used
          the database)

        - and how did you remove the disks from the system?

Unfortunately, you cannot be sure that when the USB enclosure says that
all the data is safe, it is actually written to the disk.

Casper