(...)
You don't move a pool with 'zfs umount', that only unmounts a single zfs
filesystem within a pool, but the pool is still active.. 'zpool export'
releases the pool from the OS, then 'zpool import' on the other machine.
(...)

with all respect: I never read such a non logic ridiculous .

I have a single zpool set up over the entire available disk space on an
external USB drive without any other filesystems inside this particular pool.

so how on earth should I be sure, that the pool is still a live pool inside the
operating system if the output of 'mount' cmd tells me, the pool is no longer
attached to the root FS????

this doesn't make sense at all and it is a vulnerability of ZFS.

so if the output of the mount cmd tells you the FS / ZPOOL is not mounted I
can't face any reason why the filesystem should be still up and running,
because I just unmounted the only one available ZPOOL.

And by the way: After performing: 'zpool umount usbhdd1' I can NOT access any
single file inside /usbhdd1.

What else should be released from the OS FS than a single zpool containing no
other sub Filesystems?

Why? The answer is quite simple: The pool is unmounted and no longer hooked up
to the system's filesystem. so what should me prevent from unplugging the usb
wire?

Regards,
DE