On Wed, 11 Feb 2009, Oliver wrote:

I just did a test install of opensolaris 2008.11 on a Seagate 1.5TB drive with option of "using the entire disk".

Afterwards, df -H reports that the available space in /export/home is only about 970GB ... all counted, there are at least 400GB space missing. I am new to zfs, however, this seems too much even with that taking reserved blocks into consideration.

My question is, is this normal or expected?

My understanding is that 1TB is the maximum bootable disk size since EFI boot is not supported. It is good that you were allowed to use the larger disk, even if its usable space is truncated.

Bob