On 2/11/2009 1:03 PM, Kyle McDonald wrote:

Since you can't mix EFI and FDisk partition tables, and you can't have more than one Solaris fdisk partition (that I'm aware of anyway) it looks like 1TB is all you can give Solaris at the moment.
I should have qualified that with " If you need to boot from it."

Of course if you don't need to boot from it, Solaris can just put an EFI label on it and use the whole thing.

If it were me I'd find some small drive to put the OS on and save that nice big drive for a second (non root) pool that can use the whole thing. Also since those drives are generally under $200 now, I'd probably pick up a second and mirror the 2.

 -Kyle