On 2/11/2009 12:11 PM, Bob Friesenhahn wrote:

My understanding is that 1TB is the maximum bootable disk size since EFI boot is not supported. It is good that you were allowed to use the larger disk, even if its usable space is truncated.

I don't dispute that, but I don't understand it either.

If EFI is not being used (ZFS boot doesn't use EFI on the root pool since the BIOS doesn't (usually) uinderstand the EFI label) then what is it that has a 1TB limit?

I beleive linux (and I'd guess NTFS) can use the whole disk past 1TB, so my guess is the old fashioned PC/DOS/FDisk partition tables can handle sizes over 1TB now (though I know they couldn't in the past.)

Anyone know what the bottle neck is?

  -Kyle

Bob