What does it mean for a vdev to have an invalid configuration and how
can it be fixed or reset? As you can see, the following pool can no
longer be imported: (Note that the "last accessed by another system"
warning is because I moved these drives to my test workstation.)

~$ zpool import -f pool0
cannot import 'pool0': invalid vdev configuration

~$ zpool import
  pool: pool0
    id: 5915552147942272438
 state: UNAVAIL
status: The pool was last accessed by another system.
action: The pool cannot be imported due to damaged devices or data.
   see: http://www.sun.com/msg/ZFS-8000-EY
config:

        pool0       UNAVAIL  insufficient replicas
          raidz1    UNAVAIL  corrupted data
            c5d1p0  ONLINE
            c4d0p0  ONLINE
            c4d1p0  ONLINE