> Isn't that section of the evil tuning guide you're quoting actually about
> checking if the NVRAM/driver connection is working right or not?

Miles, yes, you are correct. I just thought it was interesting reading about
how syncs and such work within ZFS.

Regarding my NFS test, you remind me that my test was flawed, in that my iSCSI
numbers were using the ESXi iSCSI SW initiator, while the NFS tests were
performed with the VM as the guest, not ESX. I'll give ESX as the NFS client,
vmdks on NFS, a go and get back to you. Thanks!

Scott