On Fri, 26 Jun 2009, Scott Meilicke wrote:

I ran the RealLife iometer profile on NFS based storage (vs. SW iSCSI), and got nearly identical results to having the disks on iSCSI:

Both of them are using TCP to access the server.

So it appears NFS is doing syncs, while iSCSI is not (See my earlier zpool iostat data for iSCSI). Isn't this what we expect, because NFS does syncs, while iSCSI does not (assumed)?

If iSCSI does not do syncs (presumably it should when a cache flush is requested) then NFS is safer in case the server crashes and reboots.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn