i've seen these before, if i remember right, it has a jumper on it to set as
a sort of onboard raid0 or raid1...i'm not sure it it has a jbod mode
though....persoanlly i prefer the small single cf to sata adapters, you'd be
surprised how thin they are, you can attatch them with screws or even hot
glue or double sided tape...they are as thin as the cards themselves and
1.75 inches across so 2 of them will fit across a 3.5 drive tray.  Depending
on the case, you can often make a custom mount for them...i know i have with
several cases...i've yet to find one i couldn't fit them into SOMEWHERE>