Specifically I remember storage vmotion being supported on NFS last as well as
jumbo frames.  Just the impression I get from past features, perhaps they are
doing better with that.

I know the performance problem had specifically to do with ZFS and the way it
handled something.  I know lots of implementations with just straight NFS so I
know that works... I'm not opposed to NFS but I was hoping what he saw was just
a combination of ZFS over NFS as he said he didn't know if it would happen over
iSCSI.  So I thought I'd try that first.  I'll have to see if I can get the
details from him tomorrow.