Hi,

I just posted a summary of a similiar issue I'm having with non-Sun hardware.
For the record, it's in a Chenbro RM41416 chassis with 4 chenbro SAS backplanes
but no expanders (each backplane is 4 disks connected by SFF-8087 cable).  Each
of my LSI brand SAS3081E PCI-E cards is connected to two backplanes with 1m
SFF-8087 (both ends) cables.  For more details if they are important see my
other post.  I haven't tried the MSI workaround yet (although I'm not sure what
MSI is) but from what I've read the workaround won't fix the issues in my case
with non-sun hardware.

Thanks,
Chad