I was under the impression that the problem affecting most of us was introduced
much later than b104,
sometime between ~114 and ~118.  When I first started using my LSI 3081 cards,
they had the IR firmware
on them, and it caused me all kinds of problems.  The disks showed up but I
couldn't write to them, I
believe.  Eventually I found that I needed the IT firmware for it to work
properly, which is what I
have used ever since, but maybe some builds do work with IR firmware?  I
remember, then, when I was
originally trying to set them up with the IR firmware, Opensolaris saw my two
cards as one device,
whereas with the IT firmware they were always mpt0 and mpt1.  Could also be the
IR works with one card
but not well when two cards are combine...

Chad