Hi Cindy,

I had similar concerns however I wasn't aware of that bug.  Before I bought
this controller I had read a number of people saying that they had problems and
then other people saying didn't have problems with the sil3114. I was
originally after a sil3124 (SATAII) but given my future drives didn't need the
extra speed I settled on the cheaper sil3114. Sil3124 was 5 times the cost of a
sil3114.  A friend was running a sil3112 (2 port SATAI card) and that appeared
to be fine.  So I bought the sil3114.

As far as I've seen, the card is fine.  I have already connected and created a
pool on the 1.5TB disk attached to the sil3114 using snv111.  I think from
memory I even booted back to snv101 and it still recognised it as well.  It's
after I started copying files to this new pool that I found my read problem on
the main 'storage' pool.  That was my plan for a backup device, just a single
drive to start in it's own pool of the sil3114, and then I could add to it as
needed, hence the sil3114 & 1.5TB disk.

I'm fairly sure though when I created the new pool 'backup1' that I used the
device c6d1p0, not p1.  I'll try c6d1p1 today to make sure that is ok.  Is
there a problem using c6d1p0 ?

Do you or anyone else know when a disk is replaced via :

zpool replace pool_name old_disk new_disk

when does the old_disk actually get removed from the pool ?  is it before the
new_disk starts it's resilver, or is it after the new_disk has been resilvered
?

Once I get the drives swapped in the array, I was going to reformat the sus
750GB and give it another workout and see if the read slow down persists,
before sending it back to Samsung.  The drive is 14 months old, but it's had
probably 2 weeks of total use.

Cindy, thanks for the reply, I really appreciate it.
Tim