Mirko wrote:
Well, I've purchased 5 Barracuda LP 1.5TB.
They ran very queit, cool, 5 in a cage and the vibration are nearly zero.

reliability ? Well every HDD is unreliable, every major brand at this time have
problems, so go for the best bang for the bucks.

In my country Seagate have the best RMA service, with tournaround in about 1
week or so, WD is 3-4 weeks. Samsung have no direct RMA service, Hitachi well
have a foot out HDD business IMHO, no attractive product at moment.

I really wonder why the Hitachi 2GB is the cheapest in Singapore

Seagate and WD price the 1TB around  S$125 and 2TB around S$305
However Hitachi 1TB is around  S$125 and 2TB around S$248, quite a steal.

Since this is anomaly, anybody know what technology difference did Hitachi make to hit that price? Or do I miss a prophecy of disaster related to their business or technology?
All of them are on 3 years warranty.

Thinking of replacing my (8 +1)x 500 GB Seagate Barracuda with the 2TB disks.