> On Mon, Feb 08, 2010 at 09:33:12PM -0500, Thomas Burgess wrote:
> > This is a far cry from an apples to apples comparison though.
>
> As much as I'm no fan of Apple, it's a pity they dropped ZFS because
> that would have brought considerable attention to the opportunity of
> marketing and offering zfs-suitable hardware to the consumer arena.
> Port-multiplier boxes already seem to be targetted most at the Apple
> crowd, even it's only in hope of scoring a better margin.
>
> Otherwise, bad analogies, whether about cars or fruit, don't help.

It might help people to understand how ridiculous they sound going on and on
about buying a premium storage appliance without any storage.  I think the
car analogy was dead on.  You don't have to agree with a vendors practices
to understand them.  If you have a more fitting analogy, then by all means
lets hear it.