I don't think I have seen this addressed in the follow-ups to your message.
 One issue we have is with deploying large numbers of files systems per pool
- not necessarily large numbers of disk.  There are major scaling issues
with the sharing of large numbers of file systems, in my configuration I
have about 16K file systems to share and boot times can be several hours.
 There is an open bug

http://bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6850837

There has been no indication of a horizon for a fix yet as far as I know.