"There may be some things we choose not to open source going forward,
similar to how MySQL manages certain value-add[s] at the top of the stack,"
Roberts said. "It's important to understand the plan now is to deliver value
again out of our IP investment, while at the same time measuring that with
continuing to deliver OpenSolaris in the open."

> "This will be a balancing act, one that we'll get right sometimes, but may
> not always."

> From the feedback data I've seen customers dislike this type of licensing
> model most.  Dan may or may not be reading this, but I'd strongly discourage
> this approach.  Without knowing more I don't know what alternative I could
> recommend though.. (Too bad I missed that irc meeting..)
>
> ./C
>
> I may be wrong, but isn't this already what they do?  I mean, there is a
bunch of proprietary stuff in solaris that didn't make it into opensolaris.
I thought this was how they did things anyways, or am i misunderstanding
something.