On Fri, Apr  2 at 11:14, Tirso Alonso wrote:
If my new replacement SSD with identical part number and firmware is 0.001
Gb smaller than the original and hence unable to mirror, what's to prevent
the same thing from happening to one of my 1TB spindle disk mirrors?

There is a standard for sizes that many manufatures use (IDEMA LBA1-02):

LBA count = (97696368) + (1953504 * (Desired Capacity in Gbytes ??? 50.0))

Sizes should match exactly if the manufacturer follows the standard.

See:
http://opensolaris.org/jive/message.jspa?messageID=393336#393336
http://www.idema.org/_smartsite/modules/local/data_file/show_file.php?cmd=download&data_file_id=1066

Problem is that it only applies to devices that are >= 50GB in size,
and the X25 in question is only 32GB.

That being said, I'd be skeptical of either the sourcing of the parts,
or else some other configuration feature on the drives (like HPA or
DCO) that is changing the capacity.  It's possible one of these is in
effect.

--eric

--
Eric D. Mudama