On 1 apr 2010, at 06.15, Stuart Anderson wrote:

> Assuming you are also using a PCI LSI HBA from Sun that is managed with
> a utility called /opt/StorMan/arcconf and reports itself as the amazingly
> informative model number "Sun STK RAID INT" what worked for me was to run,
> arcconf delete (to delete the pre-configured volume shipped on the drive)
> arcconf create (to create a new volume)

Just to sort things out (or not? :-):

I more than agree that this product is highly confusing, but I
don't think there is anything LSI in or about that card. I believe
it is an Adaptec card, developed, manufactured and supported by
Intel for Adaptec, licensed (or something) to StorageTek, and later
included in Sun machines (since Sun bought StorageTek, I suppose).
Now we could add Oracle to this name dropping inferno, if we would
want to.

I am not sure why they (Sun) put those in there, they don't seem
very fast or smart or anything.

/ragge